Sunday, June 24, 2007

Free At Last

SO. since Saturday I'm officially "free from responsibilities" (above and beyond bills & oh yeah, that job that pays the bills, etc.) for the next few weeks and I intend to dedicate a significant portion of that time to knitting, sleeping, and watching bad TV. (And redecorating the apartment, And going to the beach, AND going shopping, AND....the list is long & ambitious........)

Proof positive of the knitting part anyways: I finished the stripey blanket AND the first sleeve of "Bud"! I present you with the evidence:


Bud is turning into an interesting project - yesterday I completely re-wrote the sleeve pattern. GASP. I won't believe that this is a success until I see that right front fit with my grossly tweaked sleeve. Even Husband is rooting for success - I think he's coming around to love BUD (it wasn't love at first site). =) Looks cute on my arm though....

My baby blanket is done and just need a gingham border, but I have a solid 5+ months to knock that out - no sweat. Good thing I'm not trying to pawn off a wool blanket to someone in the middle of summer, that would be really well received! =) By the way, I LOVE it in case you didn't gather that already!



More soon!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Your sleeve looks adorable and that blanket is so cute.

I'd keep it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Belive me I'm tempted to keep it, but I'm going to make a full size one for me! April

Beatriz said...

Oh yay! No responsibilities! cute sleeve.

Laura said...

i just read pretty much every entry in your blog - RIVETING!

Laura said...

alsoooooo, pretty much everything you work on it SUPER adorable

Anonymous said...

"Bud" is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see you and Cheryl standing side by side in AFY, wearing your "Buds" together!

Just bought the yarn for the baby blanket project. I can't wait! Your's is beautiful!!! Lisa

April said...

That's great - did you get the yarn I used too? I can't wait to see yours =) I have some ideas for changing up the border too - we'll have to discuss.

flygirl said...

hi april,

just stumbled upon your blog and was excited to read that you, too are knitting "Bud." I've just started it (and have already unravelled it once) and like you had gauge issues. What was the problem you had with the sleeve? Is it something I will have to look forward to or were you tweaking the pattern to suit you? :-)

good luck, and beautiful baby blanket.

April said...

> Fly Girl: I really love the idea of Bud, but I made a poor yarn
substitution because the bamboo was so expensive and my fabric came out really tight. I also have had gauge problems, my row gauge is VERY off from the pattern. (And yes, I almost always tweak the pattern for either me or my gauge) So bottom line I've pretty much abandoned the Bud project. However, I have good news for you - my friend, Cheryl is doing a great job on
her "bud" project - you might check out her blog and leave a message or shoot her an email..

http://intltravelbuff.blogspot.com

Good Luck!