Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Loopy News

Today was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while and these last few days of vacation between work and school are doing wonders for my stress level.

Been knitting from the stash since I am on a yarn diet. Grabbed some purple wool and cast on for a project from the original Stitch & Bitch book - the Loopy Velez Cowl. I had low expectations, but the loops were a lot of fun and I think I could work this in the winter time. Should have a FO picture up by the weekend...

Today also brought a new permanent resident to our already crowded home, but I could hardly complain: a sewing machine! Woo hoo! Been craving one of these for years - knitting's getting a little competition!

2 comments:

Beatriz said...

Sewing is lots of fun...I don't do get around to it as often as I would like, though.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.