Sunday, February 4, 2007

Finished Objects

Yahoo! I finished the striped Vogue shawl today...actually I finished the knitting last Thursday at my "Knit-Together", but the finishing (snoore) was completed today. Now this was Very Impressive with my history of leaving knitted, but un-finished projects around the house for months at a time.



Exhibit A:




Husbands cardigan is going on 5 months now waiting for only a zipper installation - that's just pathetic, I must get my act together before Spring!


New project wise, I started a lace/ribbed sleeveless shirt (black Rowan Calmer - a cotton and acrylic blend) on Friday and am really hoping to have it ready for our trip to Hawaii in about a week (yeah!) The lace doesn't photograph very well, but here's a quick shot of the lace which is the top portion of the top :


Today - Super Bowl Sunday - Husband ran in a 1/2 marathon in Huntington Beach. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera. It was a gorgeous day and we both enjoyed the unusually warm weather & beach scene this morning. The only drawback was getting up at 4 a.m. on a weekend day - not my cup of tea, but at least I'll be up to enjoy the rest of the day off. Aside from a nap later.....


More pictures to come of the Vogue sweater, but the last post was a pretty telling preview. I am off to chow down on football snacks & drinks! Enjoy the game & have a great week!

No comments: