Friday, July 20, 2007

Vices

My knitting vice would have to be......starting projects. (Big surprise, right?) I can hold off on yarn purchases without a specific purpose or snatching up books (although I do have a weakness for magazines, but that's not solely knitting-related). This habit lends itself to "project saturation"....

This week I finished a cabled felted purse for my little niece who's turning the big 3 this fall - I think its just right for holding all of her little "treasures", this pattern is from the S&B daily calendar for 2007.
Actually - while this was cute BEFORE I felted it:



Not so much after....oh well, its always an experiment felting:




This weekend I have been re-committing to finishing up that entrelec scarf I started back about oh 6 months ago or so. I do enjoy knitting entrelec - its so engaging - hope to have this finished by the end of a trip next weekend. (I'm using Treking sock yarn and size 4 dpns ) There is a picture on an older post if you want to check it out.

I think I forgot to post this FO last weekend - not my best work, but they are cute (turned out a little saggy which tends to happen when I work with Koigu)


New project (singular!) on the horizon: Doctor's Bag....this or a cabled afghan from Interweave will be my reward for finishing ALL of my current WIP. I've already picked out this beautiful pink and grey wool at the LYS.....I have to finish some other projects first - I'm trying to convert to a one-project lady... =)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Actually I like the felted version bettter and I'm sure it will hold up well for her treasures. Bugs, wet cats, etc.

I have a dr.'s bag on the needles that I started, oh, I can't remember when. It's green Manos.

Anonymous said...

I think your felted purse looks great! I can't believe you already finished it.
I'm on my last panel on my Doc's bag. I can't wait to be finished with that Harringbone pattern. I'm starting to see zig zag's in my sleep!! I actually held the MD bag from the book (Knit Two Together) at Wildfiber on Friday. It's so cool (Sandy's is even better). I'm already thinking of the "treasures" I'll be stashing in it. YARN!

Anonymous said...

I picked out one strand pink, one strand gray for the Dr. Bag...I'm still mulling over it. Lisa, I can't believe you are already on the last panel - that seems like it went quickly! Thanks for the encouragement about the felted bag =)

Beatriz said...

Knitting is so much more a joy when I only have one project at a time. It sounds silly, but I feel I can focus better and spend more "quality time" with each specific project. There's a slight bit of stress and pressure when there's more than one project OTN. Cute bag!