Monday, July 30, 2007

Miles and miles of Entrelec

Husband and I went to a good friend's wedding in Texas this past weekend, which was a blast - always good to get in a little Grand March, two-stepping, and Cotton-Eyed Joe - SO FUN!


Between the plane rides and a few more rows during the week, I finished the "rainbow" Entrelec scarf! Woo hoo! I really enjoyed this project, especially once I memorized the pattern - its pretty intuitive after a while - and I could pick up the pace on it! I took a break, which is why its taken me several months to complete - no rush with the summer weather!




The fellow knitter, Sandy, that I blatantly copied on this idea has picked up hers again and when we're finished, I'll try to get a picture of the two of us modeling at once - or at least post a picture of hers! I hope this ended up long enough to get Julie's approval (she's always encouraging me to keep truckin' on the scarves when I run out of steam!)



Pattern: Entrelec, 4 reps of 8 stitches
Yarn: Trekking (if anyone is interested, I can post the colorway)
Finished Dimensions: 8"? wide x 72" long ( about 1 foot taller than me!)



For my next challenge, I'll be returning to the Bud project. I'm pretty nervous - there was a lot of pattern manipulation on the sleeve and if I can get a shoulder on the front piece to match up, I'll be in good shape. If not, I will be frogging the first sleeve and rethinking my choice of yarn... Wish me luck!




[Disclaimer: There is a sale at the LYS, so I hope I can stay focused even if I buy some yarn for the dr. bag, etc.] [Which I did since I started this post - the only thing keeping me from CO is that its not wound yet!]




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cast on April! I am almost finished with my Doctor's Bag. I spent all day lining (oh, I hate sewing...reminds me of my 4H sewing projects of yester year)my bag. David just finished cutting the dowels for the top and berch wood for the bottom panel. I WILL finish this 'bad boy' tomorrow!! Sophia wants to see it before she leaves. My fingers are crossed...

April said...

I did CO tonight (I'm so weak!) and am already finished with the two side panels -this seems like it will be a semi-quick knit! Mine's pink and gray - I'll bring a panel on Thursday to Knitting and I cannot wait to see yours, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Great looking scarf!! You did a terrific job ! Model looks great too. MOm

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how fast your needles fly! I can't wait to see your bag.

Someone fell asleep driving on the road outside of our house Sunday morning (3:30am), going about 60+ mph. He took out a van (parked two house down on the road), a mailbox, a telephone pole(front of our neighbors),clipped a second pole (on the corner). He finally stopped five houses up. He walked away uninjured! His truck was creamed! Anyway, I have off today and tomorrow. Verizon is out in front of the house putting the pole back up (in front of my neighbors). They are blocking my driveway. Guess I have no excuse to run from my Dr.'s bag! Knit, Knit, Knit!

April said...

Lisa,

That's so freaky - thank goodness it was only property damage! Have fun on your days off - did you CO for the baby blanket, you bought the yarn didn't you?

See you on Thursday night!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful scarf April - love those colors!

Becky said...

The scarf is beautiful.

Beatriz said...

What a great looking scarf. Congratulations!