Monday, August 6, 2007

Looks Can Be Deceving



I've deemed this project the "Elephant bag" and its going quite well so far.
I'm kind of worried that its going to look pink & purple instead of pink & gray, but I'm going to try and play up the gray with accessories (button & fabric lining). It WILL be cute! For once, I'm pretty much "spot-on" with gauge on my US 11 needles (HUGE).



On another note, I discovered a fellow knitter in my apartment complex that I actually know from my childhood - its truly a small world & what a fun surprise!

Husband & I traveled to Santa Barbara on Saturday and checked out the zoo, hence the lovely elephant picture. We planned on seeing the mission too, but that building that LOOKS like a mission from the 101 freeway is actually a golf course. Doesn't that make you feel slightly ripped off? I felt that way, but this leads me to.........

During our earlier days whilst living in Long Beach, we decided to visit the aquarium. Well, there is a building, round with whales and marine life painted all over it. So we naturally gravitate there, assuming its the aquarium.



When you walk up to the ticket window there is a huge sign saying:

"This is NOT the aquarium, it only LOOKS like the aquarium" posted along with directions. We thought it was quite funny and felt only slightly idiotic since we obviously weren't the first ones to make this assumption.


I hope we're getting wiser with age, but this mission incident makes me wonder...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Your Doc's Bag is going to be so cool!! The color is looking great. I was right on gauge too, and yes, the bag is a "hefty" one. For all the knittin' stuff!
I can not believe you met a childhood friend in your complex and she knits too!? That's fantastic...the world is the size of a pea, sometimes....
I guess since I have finished the MD bag, I can start the baby blanket. Thanks for reminding me!
See you Thursday. Maybe your friend can join us sometime...

Anonymous said...

P.S. Your entreloc scarf is so beautiful April! What I love about it, besides the yarn (way cool), is the backside. The noodle looking backside is just as beautiful as the front (I see Sandy work on hers, ditto). Wish I knew how to knit entreloc. That scarf is priceless! Forgot to mention it on the previous posts...

April said...

That class @ AFY is really good if for nothing but the handout. The main skill is learning to knit in both directions - LH and RH. I'll bring my friend along sometime if she wants to truck it out to Ventura!