Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random

Seriously, the less time I have for knitting, the more projects I find that I am crazy about. Last night, I stumbled across this pinwheel jacket and had to physically restrain myself from buying yarn on the spot! I'm trying to convince myself that this would work for a boy if it was in blues, but its a pretty hard sell - anyone else think so?

Still plotting on the baby blanket - I think I'm going to sample the Dr's Bag for the houndstooth stitch pattern and apply it to the main panel with a seed stitch border - in my head it looks great. Really don't want to frog it again (3rd time) so I'll cross my fingers it lives up to my imagination.

I am planning to head over to AFY this weekend to buy yarn for the Minimalist Cardigan this weekend. There are 39 (and counting) projects in progress on Ravelry* and they are so cute, I can't wait to start! This looks like something I can get a lot of wear out of in the upcoming seasons as long as I do a good job finishing.

School is great - I love the class I'm actually attending and the online course is just ok. I knew I wouldn't really enjoy the material and that's why I took it online - won't have to listen to lecture 3 hrs/week - always thinking!

*This is my favorite feature of Raverly - seeing other people's projects and yarn choices as I contemplate beginning projects....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pinwheel sweater is so cool. Yes, hard sell for a mans sweater. Maybe possible on a pull over with the pattern in the front.

What does the "Minimalist Cardigan" look like? I'm still working on my Cinxia(knitty)Sweater. It's taken a back seat to my Lizard Ridge project. I've finished 12 squares so far!

Remember to step away from the books from time to time and knit a couple of rows!

Becky said...

Checked Ravelry and there are 3500 people in front of me.

I agree with Lisa, I don't think the pinwheel is for a boy. Sorry.

Good luck with school and all your knitting projects.