Sunday, September 16, 2007

Don't Mess with Texas

Freshly off the plane from San Antonio, we had a fun time @ my cousin's wedding as well as a miniature family reunion - it's been almost 10 years since I have seen some of the family I saw this weekend - what a trip to see your "baby" cousins posing as adults all of a sudden! I was a total slacker at taking pictures, but I might have some later in the week from relatives who were more camera conscious! We were too busy dancing!





It was a whirlwind weekend, but I got some serious knitting in on the plane ride - check out the baby blanket:































It doesn't photograph very well, but I have 2 more skeins of yarn to add and then I'll block the heck out of it! You can tell where the border of seed stitch buckles up against the herribone panel in the middle. Hence the blocking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that baby blanket an April design? It's really beautiful (love that color)! Can't wait to see it finished.

All of a sudden there's a flurry of baby blankets. Is it the water? I need to start two!

April said...

As "original" as you want to call it - no particular pattern involved. This is my second since May - it IS in the water! I'll be going to the shop on Sunday - have a craving to make a "Anthropologie Inspired Capelet" soooo cute! it will make good Cmas gifts (I have 3 girls in mind)