Monday, January 21, 2008

Ugh, Intarnsia

Finished the colorwork portion (i.e. the face) on The Monkey, but it pulls! I don't mind this technique, but it never ends up looking that great - always pulling or gapping. I hope it the roundness might be forgiving than pulling it flat. Maybe color work should be my next class. =)

Does it look like a monkey yet?

This weekend I had a genius stupid idea to rip out a cabled sweater I knitted about 2 years ago, that's really huge on me to make something from a book I received for Christmas from my lovely sister. I think I need professional help with this one...shouldn't I be able to find the end and just RIP? I found myself picking out knots and bind off stitches for hours on Saturday - I don't remember this being such a strangley constructed sweater... I just don't want to end up with a pile of useless, tangled Alpaca - wish me luck!


And....by popular demand from Knit Night @ AFY I will be re-felting by hand portions of the Celtic Cable Tote bag and will post the new improved bag hopefully this weekend.

2 comments:

Beatriz said...

I tried to recycle a thrift store sweater, but ran into the same problem. I think I tried to rip out from the bottom, but I should have ripped out at the neck. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a Monkey to me.

How's the ripping coming along?