Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Update

I got a LOT of knitting time this weekend + this is Spring Break, so I'll most likely get more done during the week too!

Change of plans with the socks - I decided to make knee highs & that means I'll be doing ribbing at the top to help them stay up instead of a picot edge. This also means I worked my fingers to the bone on these all weekend and still have 4" to complete the first one. I think it will we worth it, I love how substantial they are! Here is a sneak peak at the first one, which I'm taking careful notes on because I'm making this up as I go along:


Yes, that's 17" long including the toe so far - one of the few times I'm glad to be short.

Also, CO for Orangeina on Sunday & this is one (long) movie-worth of lace knitting:


Well, that's about it from here - hope yall are enjoying the work week &/or Spring Break for some!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi April,
Socks look great! The lace work is beautiful!! I started Terry's "Hazy Paves" scarf. It's a great pattern (lace like, without the YO's). Have a great spring break! Miss you around AFY! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow that is the longest (hand knit) sock I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Great looking socks!! Love the color too. The green lace is coming along nicely. Have a great spring break too. Love, MOM