Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hello again

Sorry for the lack of posting lately - I've been dabbling in the knitting here & there without a lot of bloggable progress. This weekend we fought major Dodger traffic to go see an exhibit at the California Science Center which was really cool.

For knitting updates, I am almost done with one of two plain toe up socks that I'm making from the Lorna's Laces that I got from Bea. To make this more of a learning experience, I am planning on making these as knee-high as the yarn will last with a picot-edge bind off. I'll post a picture of these in the next day or two.

The lace of the green chemise is not coming out at all & without any knitterly resources around I just might be switching to a new green tank project....we'll see. So far, I seem to struggle when I get anywhere beyond the basics with lace knitting.

On a final note, I'm totally obsessing over cosmicpluto's lush & lacy and have already added it to my ravelry queue. I plan on getting the yarn if I can afford it next Thursday at AFY Knit Night which happens to be during SPRING BREAK - woo hoo!

6 comments:

Beatriz said...

I'd like to knit a picot edge on a pair of socks this year...they look so pretty and feminine.

Anonymous said...

That cosmicpluto is adorable. Hope to see you soon.

April said...

Picot seems easy enough, but I haven't done the long tail CO before - have you tried?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you really have been diversify your techniques. Cannot wait to see the pictures. That lace knitting must really be difficult or challenging. You are so talented. Love you, MOM

Cheryl said...

Hey April - long time no see, that cosmicpluto looks almost cashmere-worthy. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Picot edging - not as hard as it seems. Check out my ravelry Champagne Leaf & Acorn project. It has the picot edge in the elann.com pattern. I thought it was an easy finish.

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Pezda[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]system suite closes avanquest [/url][/color][/size]