Monday, April 21, 2008

Without Further Ado

I have written about 5 drafts for this post, but never seem to get it published because I'm hung up on getting in those darned pictures. So, today a picture-less post and soon a FO post with loads of pictures - how about that?

That FO would be the green Orangina lace tank- I am 2" from finishing the ribbing, but I just got burned out on the project Sunday evening and set it aside. With any luck, I'll have it finished by the end of the week, including seaming (a cinch with this pattern). And if the weather would cooperate I could actually wear it without freezing something off!

My friend, Candice, came out to visit last weekend & we made our way over to the beach to enjoy the fantastic weather - it was great catching up with her & trying to be a good teacher of knitting as she worked on her first scarf and her first attempt at cables. I really shouldn't say attempt, because they came out great!

Finally, we are planning a Stitch & Pitch event in early June that I am really looking forward to....I think I'll drag those knee-high socks back out for that evening - they are dangerously close to hibernation & could use the fresh air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does it feel to be a knitting mentor? I am sure that Candice loves it too like you do. You should have a fashion show of your creations or at least an album of them. I am proud of you and cannot wait to see the knee length socks. The baseball game sounds like such fun. Love, MOM