Sunday, May 6, 2007

Baseball, Socks & Those Evil Swatches

Yesterday we trekked down to the Angels stadium for our first attendance since last season! It was fun and I even finished Mom's socks during the first couple of innings! You got to do what you got to do for deadline knitting, even if that means KIP (knitting in public)! The man sitting next to us asked if I was going to finish an entire pair during the game - I wish I was that fast! But the 2nd sock did enjoy itself immensely:





I'm back to the grind at my new job after almost 2 weeks off - geez, it really didn't feel like that long of a break! It's going pretty well, a huge change is how friendly everyone is and how many more women work at this place, a good change - maybe some of them knit!


OK, I'm already don't enjoy swatching. I sucked it up & made one and it was dead-on. So I cast on with haste for the Summer Tunic pattern from the new Interweave Knits edition. And after about 16 LONG rounds I get suspicious that it was too big. And it was....insanely too big. I was in denial for about 6 rounds, so I only have myself to be upset with. But I put it down yesterday and haven't had the urge to pick it up again. I'm trying to think of it as a very time consuming gauge swatch. Sigh.....
And, Yes I know I'm being very melodramatic =) Pretty color isn't it? Can't wait to wear it! (Its Debbie Bliss, Cathay in "Colour 12007")


To answer a comment, I am ear-marking the Koigu I bought for socks...what else can you do with Koigu? Any suggestions??? I only bought 2 skeins of each color so I may have limited myself on other options.
That's all for this Sunday - Husband and I are off to check out Spiderman 3 shortly. Adios!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Socks would look nice out of Koigu.

Beatriz said...

I love knitting with Koigu...and baseball knitting sounds like so much fun. I can't wait till we go this summer to a baseball game.

Anonymous said...

Bummer on the lying gauge swatch! But plese do give it another go, it will look great on you!

p.s. I'm doing the CPH in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed, color Darkside (details on my blog in the March Archives somewhere). And please do be apart of the photo!

Anonymous said...

I hate swatches, gauge, and MATH! How can I enjoy knitting so much?! I'm knitting a sweater right now in size XS (I wore that size in grammer school). Lois did my math, so It's got to be right. Right? Good luck with the sweater April, I love that blue color. Come by Anacapa, we miss you...

Anonymous said...

looks like you've been having fun! scarf looks GREAT! - candice