Friday, March 23, 2007

Countdown to Weekend

After the KTOG last night, I am verrry close to having finished the Monkey socks and (knock on wood) it appears I will barely have enough of the Lorna's Lace yarn to finish my project. This is 2 pairs from 2 skeins, so I was cutting it close. I always feel ripped off when I need more than a single skein for a pair of socks, but that's just a personal pet peeve. I will finish the toes tonight & post pictures of them this weekend. This is the first decent pair I will have to be mine all mine!

I also got Husband's cardigan zipper in the mail, I ordered 2 since it was hard to get the true color and alas one of them matches. He'll be so happy to have a nice heavy sweater for that nasty April weather in SoCal. =) I'm going to try my hand at installing it and it that doesn't work, I got information for a seamstress from one of the KTOG ladies.

I'm starting to think of a few new projects to CO for in the next few weeks. I really need to wrap up the "Orangina" pattern (Black Rowan Calmer lace tank) when I feel like tackling the weird gauge problem I'm having, its so hard for me to wrap my head around gauge for ribbing - any tip?

Also, my mother has requested a pair of socks - sounds like a good Mother's day gift to me! Last but not least there is a shrug and the Central Park Hoodie that I'd like to make for myself once I wrap up some smaller projects.

On the afghan front, I have finished 3 out of the 30 planned squares AND made a plan for the pattern layout of the entire project. I think its going to be so pretty and I will probably finish just in time for next fall/winter if I keep up at this rate.

So - pictures of the Monkey socks soon and with some luck and determination a finished Husband cardigan and Orangina! Then, its on to many more planned projects.

No comments: