Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Progress Report

This weekend was busy, but I got a lot of knitting done. However, this was accomplished mostly on Sunday, when I should have been studying instead!
Oh well, no class one evening so I will have the chance to make up for that lack of diligence. So – what exactly did I do? Well, I’ll show you….

Sunday I went to a class at Anacapa for the Entrelec method. I really liked the handout and the knitting backwards technique that the instructor showed us – she is very well versed in the method and did a good job teaching the class. Everyone was supposed to be working on the beginning of a scarf, but mine will be another afghan square (made from Noro, the same color that I finished for square #1 that was garter stitch) , after I block it a little bit.


Entrelec is slightly addicting to tell you the truth, as well as very absorbing work. So now, I have 3 out of a projected 30 squares completed! (That’s 10% - woo hoo!) Take your pic - flash or no flash, neither color representation is quite right....





















I also got two skeins of sock yarn to do an Entrelec scarf (soooo copying someone else at the Knitting group, but it was such a beautiful project!), now I need to email her for a few questions…like needle size – she’s GOT to be using US 0’s and that’s teeny. Hmm….

Secondly, I finished the baby sweater except for the sleeves. When I make this pattern again, I will:

A) be making the 6 month old size,
B) follow the pattern and do the selvedge stitches, and
C) have someone in mind to gift it to.


Lastly, I got quite a bit done on the 2nd “Monkey” sock and am starting to sweat a little bit that I may run out of yarn. I also made a mistake on the cuff and will have 1 stochinette rolled cuff and one twisted rib cuff. Since these are for me and primarily for putting around the house, I didn’t rip them out – they are now truly unique! =) I finished turning the heel last night and the first couple rounds of the gusset decreases.

Now, please just let the yarn last until I bind off. Next time, I will do a toe up sock!

That’s all for now – hopefully more progress through the week and I will shoot to have the socks completed by next Sunday evening!

No comments: