Sunday, March 4, 2007

Looooong weekend

This weekend I definitely experienced the phenomenon of time only flying when you are having fun! I had essentailly unlimited free time this weekend and got a TON of knitting done on the bright side!

First, the deadline kntting - a square for a wedding aghan (Mission Falls 1824 wool and basketweave stitch on US 7 straight needles):



My digital camera is not that great at taking pictures of knitting, so most of the color and pattern details are lost. I need to work on that and get a fancy new one just for knitting photos! =)

Also started on some socks called Monkey from the latest knitty issue....Ok, I tried changing the settings and the "food" setting interestingly enough seems to capture texture better. Who would want to take pictures of their food.....guess I don't have much room to talk!

The pattern calls for 6 repeats of the lace on the ankle before starting the heel flap, but I am concerned about the amount of yarn I have so I cut that back to 3 repeats. These are left over from a pair of socks I made for my friend Tania. After she raved about them (yeah!) I decided I needed a new pair now that I have gotten in some practice and can make a halfway decent pair of socks now!

I am still working on a black lace top from Glampyre.com but am having some trouble with the gauge for the waist ribbing. I put that aside until knitting night at Anacapa on Thursday. Maybe I can get some help from all of the experts!

That's about all for now. Check in later this week for progress on the Monkey socks!


1 comment:

Candice said...

okay, so it took me a minute to figure out how to leave a 'comment'... the beginnings of the blanket look really nice... i think i'll have to pop out a baby to get a first hand view of the finished product! HA!