Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Back from our trip to the East Coast and it was really gorgeous weather over there! I of course packed for mostly crappy cold weather, so I had some interesting wardrobe choices - was almost forced to purchase a souvenir T-Shirt to get me through the trip! We checked out all of the big memorials, the Smithsonian museums and finally Mount Vernon, which has changed quite a bit since my trip in middle-school!

First, before I get into the monuments - Husband and I were delighted to find that WaWa's were around - my favorite gas station chain EVER. I don't know what it is, but these places are awesome &unfortunately they are only on the East Coast. If you ever find yourself in the area, be sure to check one out!


The Jefferson Memorial



The Capitol bulding...



A tour group on scooters (I thought this was hilarious)

Mount Vernon....
And finally, I got a lot of knitting done on my Entrelec scarf and at the risk of boring anyone to tears, here's a picture:
I JUST joined the second skein of the Trekking yarn, so I'm betting I'll have enough left over for some socks, always a good thing. I'm trying very hard to stick to one project at a time and its working out pretty well, but the 50% off sale at the LYS which I'm about to take off for is going to make it pretty darned difficult. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip. And what's up with those scooters? They look like something from Disneyland.

Your scarf looks gorgeous.

Beatriz said...

I didn't know Trekking XXL could look so gorgeous in entrelac. I should copy you! Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Great entry sweetie! I like the picture of you with your kick@ss scarf it looks really great and SO DO YOU!

Husband

Anonymous said...

The scarf is gorgeous!! Maybe we should do a Trekking 100 knit-a-long!