Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Visit from Mom

My mom came to visit me this past weekend – yeah! We had a good time and kept busy despite my poor planning before her arrival. We ended up going to the movies (I haven’t been in ages), visiting some favorite spots in Ventura including the beach, and visited the Griffith’s Observatory – my second time this year. It was a really fun long weekend and we’ll have to do it again! While she was here she picked out some sock yarn – Claudia’s something or other in “Walk in the Wood” dye lot – for a “surprise” Mother’s day gift. She’s a bad influence adding to my WIP =)

I didn’t get in a lot of knitting this weekend with my visitor, but I did manage to finish a sleeve yesterday on my Spring Green Hoodie. I tried knitting the two sleeves at the same time, but I don’t love this technique. However, I was sure to make a lot of notes on which row I did what on so I’ll achieve the sought after even-ness. Only one more sleeve to go and I can begin the “finishing portion of the event. I’m starting to loose a little bit of steam on this project – I only started it last Saturday and have been going FULL STEAM to meet my “deadline”. I might be taking a break since I am way ahead of schedule, but I am still anxious to wear it and show it off! Here’s what I’ve done so far (front & back!)– in 1 week, people – that’s insane.


5 comments:

Beatriz said...

You are a fast knitter! Wow, it is coming along so well. btw, I changed my URL last week to match my name.

April said...

Beatriz, I got your new address from a comment you left on Becky's blog...I've been keeping up =) This project has been going especially fast - thanks so much for sharing the pattern - i love it!

Becky said...

April it looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,

I love the sweater and can't wait to see you in it! I love you very much and long to see you out of the sweater too!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!

Your Coastie Husband,

Tyler

Anonymous said...

April -- The spring green hoodie is gorgeous -- definitely your best work yet. I am getting excited about my new socks. We did have a great time and your planning was fine except for the fire. MOM